Our client within the Logistics Industry is looking for a Workshop Manager to join their team.The Workshop Manager will be responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
• Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
• Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
• Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
• Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
• Provide oversight and check job estimates.
• Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Director – Operations. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
• Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
• Work with the Director – Operations to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience within the Transport Industry is essential
• Engineering Trade Qualification preferably Fitter Turner or Fitter Welder or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
• Project management experience
• People management skills
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Quality and productivity focussed
- Salary Negotiable
- Starting ASAP
- Job Status Open