Our client within the FMCG Industry is looking for a Statistician to join their team. The Statistician is tasked with the role of independent and objective analyses, reviews and evaluation of existing controls, processes and procedures. The Statistician issues reports of his/her findings and makes recommendations for consideration by Management in order to assist them in the effective discharge of their duties.
- To prepare business reviews and key statistics/performance reports to management
- To give an objective assessment as to whether the internal control systems established by management are adequate, reliable and effective,
- To review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information,
- To review the means of safe-guarding the company’s assets, and where appropriate, verify the existence of these assets,
- To assess whether the assets and property of the company are utilized only in the furtherance of the proper aims and objectives of the company,
- To verify the extent to which the company operates in compliance with set standards, relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures,
- To check and report on whether operations and programs are being carried out as planned. e.g. To determine the extent to which the company’s agreed performance targets are accurately monitored and reported,
- To appraise the economy and efficiency with which the Company’s resources are being utilized. i.e, carry out special investigations as and when requested by Management.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical expertise
- Numerical skills
- Strong and attention to detail
- Proactive and entrepreneurial bent
- Strong leadership capacity with high impact and influence
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good at relationships and an outgoing personality
- Computer literacy in all basic business programs
- Budgeting and cost management skills
- Effective Human Capital Management.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Pastel, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power
- point plus experience with Sage Evolution
- A strong University Degree or Diploma from a well rated institution
- Qualifications: Mathematics and Statistics.
- Strong IT skills
- No record of having been subject of an ethics investigation or a criminal record
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role in an FMCG environment
- Salary Negotiable
- Starting ASAP
- Job Status Open