Our client is looking for a Serologist to join their team.
- Carrying out all serological tests (ELISA, RPA)
- Planning of tests in the Serology department.
- Validating and revalidation of Serology test methods
- Overall charge of equipment in the Serology department
- Ensuring that all MS documents and procedures are adhered to in the department
- Ensuring that the Serology department is tidy at all times
- Modifying test methods
- Training and supervising assistant and students in Serology
- Evaluate and enter results onto report forms
- Commenting only on negative AI results.
- Forwarding referral samples to outside laboratories
- Ordering of chemicals and reagents, consumables, equipment and verifying conformance to specifications
- Reporting and sending out accurate Serology results to the sections and ensuring that they have received such results.
- Checking on the safe disposal of blood samples
- Checking on the quality of serum before testing.
- Stock monitoring, maintenance and reporting in the department
- Writing laboratory methods, equipment operating instructions and reagent preparation methods for the department.
- Reviewing MS documentation as per the document control procedure
- Preparing and submitting departmental costings to the sales department.
- Ensuring that the Serology database is accurate and always up to date.
- Acting as the Microbiology H.O.D as per schedule.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in any Science Field
- Minimum one year in a Microbiologist/Serologist position in a laboratory which implements the ISOI7025 management system.
- Salary Negotiable
- Starting ASAP
- Job Status CVS Submitted