Our client within the FMCG Industry is looking for a Graduate Trainee – Procurement to join their team.
- Receive, check for specifications, check for authorisation and log Internal Requisitions.
- Receive and dispatch goods from Suppliers to Divisions.
- Process Returned Goods from Divisions to Suppliers and following up until Goods are returned back to Divisions.
- Resolve all urgent Internal Requisition with 36hours.
- Source at least three quotations from reputable local or international suppliers when making purchases to maximise on Value Purchasing.
- Raise Purchase Orders and get them authorised before sending them to Suppliers.
- Receive stock items checking for agreed quality and standards.
- Filing of all purchasing documents in a systematic well-organised manner
- Check for agreed quality and standards on services given by suppliers, both local & international
- Follow-up on all goods & services purchased ensuring that all Orders are completed on agreed timelines
- Update Stock & Orders Tracker daily
- Update all records in the Sage Evolution Purchasing module
- Manage and control Stocks ensuring reorder levels are maintained and that no stock out occurs.
- Ensure that all stock items are safely stored and well-arranged at all times
- Negotiate with suppliers for discounts, credit terms, and favourable prices.
- Ensure suppliers are paid according to agreed terms.
- Continuous review and updating Procurement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Any other duties that might be assigned by Management from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical expertise
- Numerical skills
- Strong and attention to detail
- Proactive and entrepreneurial bent
- Strong leadership capacity with high impact and influence
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good at relationships and an outgoing personality
- Computer literacy in all basic business programs
- Budgeting and cost management skills
Excellent computer skills, particularly Pastel, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power
Point plus experience with Sage Evolution
- Salary Negotiable
- Starting ASAP
- Job Status Open